PYT's 2018 Summer Camp is now in progress! Stay tuned for information about our exciting 2019 summer camp.
- Programming for middle school and high school students (PYT Senior Camp) and elementary school students (PYT Junior Camp). Students will be grouped according to age and experience.
- Program runs from July 9, 2018 through August 24, 2018 (seven weeks).
- Our culminating performances of the summer will take place on Monday, August 20th and Tuesday, August 21st in the evening at Temple Emanu-El of Long Beach. Parents will receive a high-definition digital video of their children's performance.
- For our PYT Senior Camp (middle school and high school-aged), the first half of a typical day (9:00 AM - 12:00 PM) will be dedicated to working on acting technique, vocal development, and dance training (ballet, jazz, and tap). The second portion of the day (12:30 - 3:30 PM) will serve as rehearsal for our full-length musical, High School Musical, which will be presented at the end of the summer. Students may attend our full-day program or can select one of our half-day programs (Morning Technique or Afternoon Performance).
- Broadway guest artists will be invited to workshop with our students throughout the summer.
- A top NYC casting director and agent will be invited to work with our students at the end of the summer.
- For our PYT Junior Camp (elementary school-aged children), students may participate in our full-day program (9:00 AM to 3:30 PM) or one of our half-day programs (Morning Technique or Afternoon Performance). The first half of a typical day will run from 9:00 AM to 12:30 PM and will include exciting acting games, musical theater dance classes, vocal development activities, and plenty of time for indoor and outdoor play. Our afternoon session will incorporate rehearsal for our culminating performance of the summer. Like our senior camp, students will be under the instruction of top NYC professionals.
- Students will have multiple opportunities throughout the summer to perform at community events.
- Exciting 'add-ons': students will have the option to participate in a camp trip to see a Broadway show (efforts will be made to keep costs as low as possible). Students will also have the option of having professional headshots taken with a top NYC photographer at a highly discounted rate.
Program Fees, Discounts, and Options:
- Program fee for our seven-week, full-day camp is $2780. A deposit of $275 is due upon registration.
- The fee for one of our half-day programs (either Morning Technique from 9:00 AM to 12:00 PM or Afternoon Performance from 12:30 PM to 3:30 PM) is $1450. A deposit of $145 is due upon registration.
- Parents will be billed for costumes at the end of the summer and will be charged no more than $60 total. Students will be permitted to keep all costumes, and PYT will hold fundraisers during the summer to reduce the total charged to parents. In 2017, our customers paid only $9 for costumes due to the tremendous fundraising efforts of our parents!
- All tuition payment must be made in full before the start of camp in order to finalize a camper's registration.
- Sibling Discount: For families enrolling more than one child, the second child will receive 20% off tuition. If three or more children are enrolled, all children after the first child will receive 15% off. Sibling discounts cannot be combined with any other discounts offered.
- Lunch Option: For an additional charge of $325, students will be provided with daily lunch from a local, reputable restaurant throughout the summer. We will be providing both a Kosher option and a non-Kosher option for students. Students are not required to sign up for this option and may choose to bring their own bagged lunch instead. If a child prefers to order lunch only on certain days, the 'day rate' is $10.
- Early-Care (8:00 - 9:00 AM or earlier if needed) and After-Care (3:30 PM and on) are available. The cost for one child is $15 per hour. If more than one child is present at aftercare, the cost for each family goes down to $12 per hour.
- Interested in signing up but have some more questions? Feel free to email ProYouthTheatre@gmail.com or call us at 516-808-5770.
- Ready to register? Click on the Register Now! button at the top of this page.